Ibis is a Python package that aims to provide a single API for composing analytical queries from a variety of database 'backends' - e.g., PostgeSQL, PySpark, Pandas, etc. The API closely resembles the PySpark DataFrame API - i.e., the aim is to represent SQL expressions using Python code.
- How to read data from a database table.
- How to create a new column.
- How to join tables.
- How to perform the split-apply-combine pattern.
- How to define window functions.
- How to create views.
- How to enable lazy evaluation.
Running the Demo¶
This demo is contained within a single Jupyter notebook -
demos/ibis/ibis_introduction.ipynb. Make sure you have the necessary Python package requirements installed into a Jupyter kernel for it to run successfully.